Delaware Valley High School
Diversified Occupations/Cooperative Education Program
- To transfer skills learned in the classroom to real-world work situations.
- To keep students informed of new technology as it applies to the occupations.
- To provide an environment for students to develop self-confidence and respect for superiors and co-workers
- To experience working for pay and developing money management skills.
- Provide employer with students who want to learn the job successfully.
Diversified Occupations Goals:
- To provide a cooperative work experience program that gives on-the-job training to students for their career goal.
- To provide students with the skills in an occupation that are not taught in school the high school.
- To prepare students for new and futuristic careers.
Capstone Cooperative Education Goals:
- To encourage students to maintain passing grades in all subject areas in school including their shop/trade area.
- To encourage students to be responsible for all course work during their placement. Those who fail to fulfill this obligation will risk losing their capstone position.
- To place students in occupations that directly relate to their CTE program of study and to assist students in pursuing the occupation as a career.
- To have the students develop a positive work ethic
- To allow students to enhance their personal characteristics through work experience.
- To connect classroom (school-based) activities to job (work-based) activities.
- To establish a working relationship between our students and the businesses located within our community.
.At the end of the Diversified Occupations/Cooperative Education course and work experience, students will be able to:
- Identify Diversified Occupations/Cooperative Education program goals, policies, and procedures.
- Research various careers.
- Apply for jobs in their career choice.
- Describe and evaluate work ethics. List and evaluate their own personality traits to indicate self-understanding.
- List and apply characteristics of a responsible employee.
- List characteristics of a responsible employer.
- Develop and describe positive working relationships with others on the job.
- Apply job and employability skills in the workplace related to their career choice.