Criteria to Enter Program
DELAWARE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
DIVSERSIFIED OCCUPATIONS/COOPERATIVE EDUCATION PROGRAM
Criteria for Enrollment and Continuing in Program
- The student must be entering the 12th grade upon enrollment into the program and be at least 16 years old.
- The student must adequately demonstrate his/her skills and attitudes for the occupational training area.
- The student must have the recommendation of his/ her guidance counselor, principal, have a good attendance and discipline record, and be in good standing in related and academic areas.
- Have a passing grade with a C minimum average in all classes for the Diversified Occupations program and less than 14 absences for the year.
- Have a lab grade of B or better, no more than three absences in a marking period and CTE recommendation from shop instructor for the Capstone Cooperative Education program.
- The student must have parent/ guardian read and sign Training Agreement/Plan.
- A student who is not 18 yrs. old must complete working papers.
- The student must have desire to participate and have tentative career goals.
- The student will actively participate in and complete all work for the School-to-Work class daily for the DO and weekly for the Capstone Programs. All paperwork that is due on a weekly basis must be turned in at the class. If a student is absent paperwork is due the next day the student returns to school to make up the class and turn in all paperwork. Students in the Capstone program will meet 1 full period each week with the Coordinator.
- All students must successfully complete the Career Safe on-line safety program prior to beginning employment.
- The student must have the personal traits and attitudes necessary to obtain and maintain initial employment.
- The student must be able to get along with others and follow directions.
- The student is responsible for his/ her transportation to and from work.
- The student must have a good attitude about learning while working.
- Students cannot have any failing grades to enter into the program or while in the program.
- Students cannot have any suspensions to enter into or be in the program.
- Students must have less than 14 absences to enter and be in program.
- The student must meet with the Diversified Occupations/Cooperative Education Coordinator to discuss course requirements, expectations and any problems on a continuous basis.