As counselors, we understand how overwhelming and daunting this process can be. Please don't be afraid to reach out and ask any questions you may have! We recommend starting with our " Junior Parent Night" presentation (towards the bottom of the page) in addition to the subsequent information guide to get started. You can continue by perusing our resources in whatever order you feel comfortable with. Please make sure you are also checking out our suggested timelines as a quick guide to what you should be doing and when!SENIORS
Need help with your college essay/personal statement? Check out these linked FREE resources!
- Senior Timeline
- DV Counselors College Process Presentation (minute mark 14 for Naviance info)
- College Process "cheat sheet" - For a quick and to-the-point outline of what the process involves
- College Application Handbook - for a step by step process and "everything you need to know"!
- How to request Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation in Naviance
- Help with the Common Application
- Step by step FAFSA guide
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) PA Participating Post Secondary School
*** Taking the SAT/ACT is required by many but not all colleges as part of the admission process. Check out a list of colleges/universities that are considered "test optional".ADDITIONAL RESOURCES WORTH CHECKING OUT!
- Junior Timeline
- Junior Parent Night Powerpoint (please click on graphic to hear narration for each slide)
- Junior Parent Night Information Guide
- Sign up for the SAT and/or the ACT
Are You Ready for College? (A Guide to College Planning for Pennsylvania High School Students)
CollegeExpress (college and scholarship search)Fair Opportunity Project - application and college search guideHELPFUL WEBSITES (college search, testing, etc)