Delaware Valley School District uses the Offer versus Serve (OVS) system. This is a way to decrease food waste and give students greater flexibility in choosing what to eat for school breakfast or lunch.
- Students must take at least three of the food items offered.
- The three required food components for breakfast are Fruit & Vegetable, Grains, and Milk. A Meat/Meat Alternative is allowed as a substitution for a Grain component.
- Students must take at least three components in the required quantities.
- Lunch consists of five food components: Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Meat/meat alternatives, and Fluid milk.
- One selection must be at least 1/2 cup (total) from either the fruit or vegetable component.