Educating for Life’s Journey
When you think of schools, teachers are who come immediately to mind. However, there is a vast network of employees who are not teachers that are invaluable to the everyday operations of our schools.
Support staff includes maintenance/custodian workers, instructional assistants, secretaries, bus drivers, food service staff, technology professionals, and school resource officers make up almost half of the district’s over 650 employees.
Delaware Valley is one of the largest employers in Pike County and one of the top performing school districts in the state of Pennsylvania. While our teachers and district leadership are often recognized for the important part they play in this success, our talented and committed support staff are also key players in ensuring Delaware Valley School District best serves students.
Why Delaware Valley School District?
We know you have choices of where to work. What makes working at Delaware Valley different? Our mission.
- An opportunity to be part of your community by maximizing student potential.
- A culture that values strong relationships and employee recognition for all staff groups.
- Beautiful facilities that include, a new, $10 million athletic wing of the high school, a brand new $25 million elementary school, and an $11 million new STEAM wing and complete renovation to our Career-Technical Education program.
- Appreciation and respect for creative ideas, and a willingness to try new things. Our staff are on the “front line”, our DV 2025 helps make the improvements that are the most valuable and allow our coworkers to be the best.
- A focus on what’s best for kids, and the recognition that support staff are critical to supporting our students’ learning, social/emotional needs, and health and safety.
- Community service opportunities to support your favorite causes.
To see our employees in action follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Competitive wages and benefits.
Delaware Valley is able to offer a highly competitive wage.
Depending on work function and schedule, our total compensation packages can also include a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, membership in the Pennsylvania School Employees Retirement Plan, and all permanent school employees have the opportunity to participate in a 403(b) plan and a flexible spending account.
We also offer various schedules through part time opportunities, seasonal breaks, and paid vacation for some employee groups.
Apply for current openings here or contact our Human Resources department at (570) 296-1811.