Educating for Life’s Journey
Delaware Valley School District believes our educators are the cornerstone of our mission and our success, and taking care of them is a top priority for our principals and district leaders. The district holds its faculty, staff and students to high performance standards, resulting in one of the top performing school districts in the state of Pennsylvania.
Delaware Valley School District is a state and nationally recognized school district serving approximately 4,400 students in seven schools. There are four elementary schools, two middle schools and one comprehensive high school located in Pike County, PA. We have been nationally-ranked annually by US News and World Report and the Washington Post. We are 1 of 2 high schools in Pennsylvania named as a “Project Lead the Way” Distinguished High School for the past three years. And we have been voted as one of America’s “Best Communities for Music Education” for the last five years.
Why Delaware Valley School District?
We know you have choices of where to work. What makes working at Delaware Valley different? Our mission.
We’re proud to highlight the following examples of our culture of caring, innovation and excellence.
- A mentor network for all new hires to facilitate knowledge transfer, develop leadership skills, help achieve goals and objectives, increase team work and help build internal networks.
- Professional development with new and ongoing initiatives that include, Professional Learning Communities, Leader in Me, Orton-Gillingham, and Reading Apprenticeship.
- Beautiful facilities that include, a new, $10 million athletic wing of the high school, a brand new $25 million elementary school, and an $11 million new STEAM wing and complete renovation to our Career-Technical Education program.
- Our district is also heavily invested in state of the art technology in all grades.
- Appreciation and respect for creative ideas, and a willingness to try new things. Teachers are on the “front line”, our DV 2025 helps make the improvements that are the most valuable and allow our educators to be the best.
- Community service opportunities to support your favorite causes.
- Engaged parents and supporters through active parent teacher organizations and the Delaware Valley Education Foundation.
To see our employees in action follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, full time educators receive medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, along with paid personal time off. Membership in the Pennsylvania School Employees Retirement Plan is also provided to all school employees. Also, all permanent school employees have the opportunity to participate in a 403(b) plan and a flexible spending account.
Calling Pike County Home.
Pike County, with a population of approximately 56,000, is located in the north eastern region of the state and the most northern section of the Pocono Mountains. Our area is known as the Tri-State area because PA, NY and NJ all meet here along the Delaware River. It is home to multiple national and state parks that offer a multitude of outdoor recreational activities. The art galleries and festivals, antique hunting and farmer’s markets provide a dose of culture for those who like a different kind of adventure. It is only a short drive into New York City, and all that a major city has to offer, truly the best of all worlds.
Apply for current openings here or contact our Human Resources department at (570) 296-1811.